Sunday 29 January 2017

A Quiet Saturday.


It seems the girls did manage to get to the library on Friday - this is how they spent the day yesterday, with the sun streaming into Peggy Sue's bedroom, it was lovely warm and light.


Peggy Sue chose a book about Robin Hood.


Everlee is reading Hercules


Stevie is reading Aladdin.


Elsewhere at Rose Cottage...


Little Madeline was thrilled to discover the New Zealand Magnolia has some 'fluffy' buds on it.


Later on she came in washed her hands...


...and played with some of her toys.



7 comments:

  1. Looks like they had a very nice weekend. I loved visits to the library when I was a child - we could keep the books for four weeks, so each month we went there and came home with bags full of books.
    Madeline looks sweet in pink. No buds in our garden yet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was a child we used to go to the library every Friday night. We didn't have a TV (still don't!) and as such I read voraciously. When my boys were young we used to go regularly as well...now I rarely go.

      Delete
  2. that is my idea of a wonderful afternoon...relaxing with a good book!! Lucky girls!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I could have spent the afternoon doing this!

      Delete
  3. They all look relaxed! A walk in the garden, books and toys. It all sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Last summer we planted a magnolia tree in our yard. It's a hardy variety that is supposed to grow in our climate. We can't wait to see it (hopefully) bloom this spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet. I usually take our girls to the library on Friday nights after dinner and we have such a great time. My oldest is really starting to read and I'm excited for her to start finding books that she really likes, just like I did when I was young. Lovely photos of all of the dolls. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment, we love to hear from you.