Sunday 1 January 2017

Welcome and Happy New Year!

Welcome to Rose Cottage Friends - an amalgamation of the 'Sewing for Sasha' and 'How Many Dolls' blogs.  A place where all dolls and toys can meet and play with no discrimination.  

Although my main collection of dolls are Sasha and Schoenhut dolls I like many other different types as well, and it was getting difficult to juggle the two different blogs when there was quite a bit of cross over and interaction between the different dolls.   Combine that with the recent changes blogger made, it just 'made sense' to make a common meeting place for them all and to hopefully simplify things.

With other changes going on this New Year, I may also be refining my collection significantly and exploring them all and 'how they fit' is a part of this process.

To begin I plan to introduce (re-introduce) different families and groups.

I do hope you will join me over here and you can 'follow' the goings on of the Rose Cottage Friends, using the links on the side bar.
Happy New Year!



12 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! The new blog name is perfect :-). Looking forward to your doll adventures in 2017!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first comment on my new blog! Thank you :-) A very Happy New Year to you.

      Delete
  2. All that thinking about what to call the new combined blog and you've come up with a good name as I know how much you love roses. It also means that if you ever move house you will have to call your new home 'rose cottage' too and fill the garden with roses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you DM :-) I will be taking my roses with me if the eventual buyers of our house want to rip up the front garden to turn it into parking as so many seem to have done in our area!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful! I love the name & design and I can't wait to see what interesting things happen in the Rose Cottage! <3 Happy New Year my dear friend!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I kept some things similar as just love this background...it was originally going to be roses, but then I came back to this - and there are roses in it anyway :-)

      Happy New Year to you all.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. To you too and your delightful family! :-)

      Delete
  5. I love the name Rose Cottage Friends. Can't wait to see more of their adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neat update and new blog name! This will suit me better as I often had difficulty finding my way around the various sections/parts.

    Happy New Year to you all at Rose Cottage and wishing you every success with your new style blogging.
    Liking Henry's coat and bobble hat. Very smart indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kendal, hopefully it should make it a lot easier, especially as they all interact so much. Whether Henry's holiday blog also gets merged with this, I am still thinking about it.

      Henry got his bobble hat from the 2012 Sasha Festival! It is one of his favourites, and I think the coat was one of the first I made.

      All the best for the New Year and fun with our doll families! (as well as human and pet ones of course ;-) )

      Delete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment, we love to hear from you.