Wednesday 15 February 2017

The Different Faces of the Earlier Götz Dolls

On the Sasha Morgenthaler Facebook group, people are currently showing the different styles of the older/earlier Götz dolls.  

I currently have four girls and one boy in my collection:  Amber, Emily, Marcia, Liebe and Spencer.

All these photos have been shown before in various different posts.

First up is the delectable Amber - one of my very first Sasha dolls.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next up is Emily, she is also one of my first Sasha dolls and arrived at the same time as Amber.  She is an adventurous girl, can be inclined to be slightly bossy at times, and has spent some time travelling with Henry in the past.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have a lovely slate eyed girl - Liebe, who has been with me for quite a few years now as well.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marcia is my 'no-nose' or 'button nose' girl.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spencer is my only Götz boy and a very handsome one at that!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I used to have another Götz boy and I sold him a few years ago now...I wish I hadn't, as I hate parting with any of the boys and he was rather special, but hey ho, what is done is done.




I called him Jack.  I don't know where he is now, but hopefully he is still loved.  He would be welcome back here like a shot!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had a few red haired Götz girls and they all left me a few years ago now.


This pretty yellow eyed girl


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had a slate eyed red head whom I called April



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I also had a little button nose red head whom I called Saffron.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Plus a pale skinned blonde girl called Bethany



10 comments:

  1. All beautiful but Saffron is my favourite

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely girls all. I like Liebe's wistful look. Spencer is amazingly handsome! What an absolute one-of-a-kind gem! I would imagine these early dolls must have caused quite a sensation when they first appeared. They were so unique compared to any other doll of the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure they did, they really are quite amazing dolls. I still think they are still unique compared to any other doll, but I guess I am prejudiced! :-)

      Delete
  3. Oh, how could you stand to sell any? I love them all!! I am sure they are treasured wherever they are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what happens when you over spend AND you want to go to your first ever USA Sasha Festival! Needs must at the time ;-)

      Delete
  4. I love how the 1960s Gotz dolls all have such wonderfully unique faces that lets out their varied and individual little personalities/characters shine out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all so different aren't they, and it is always good to have a fresh look at them and their little characters.

      Delete
  5. I don't know how I missed this page. It is amazing to compare the faces. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. Glad you enjoyed them. I have had some lovely dolls through the years...always good to look back at those that have gone and appreciate having had them.

      Delete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment, we love to hear from you.