Sunday 5 February 2017

Madeline does some baking.

Yesterday Madeline helped me bake a cake for some elderly friends of mine.  I like to make them a cake at least once a month, preferable once a fortnight.  I made them them a couple of cakes just before Christmas, but because I have had a 'lurgy' I didn't want to risk making something and seeing them while I was ill, so they missed out in January.  


We gathered the ingredients to make a Lemon Drizzle Cake today which is E's favourite.

A nice easy recipe all the ingredients go in together and then are mixed up thoroughly.


Madeline takes charge of my trusty Sunbeam Mixmaster.


She turns it on and watches it mix up all the ingredients until it is 'just right'. 


Pours the mix into a lined loaf tin and we pop it in the oven.


All ready to take up there.

I had a phone call in the evening to say they had had some for their tea and it was wonderful!  So that is good :)  Well done Madeline.


Later on in the afternoon she goes outside to catch some of the brief sunshine we had yesterday.


She is wrapped up nice and warm.


Madeline enjoys her walk


She comes in revitalised ready to tackle her chores.


Madeline washes up her dishes, wearing her new blue apron

4 comments:

  1. We love lemon drizzle cake, too! I wish we could buy the paper pan liners here. Madeline' new aprons are very pretty and she looks sweet in them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can bring some over for you! They are light, so will be easy to pack. They do both the rectangular and round ones. Just email me and let me know if you want me to.

      Delete
    2. Madeline borrowed the red apron from one of the Hitty girls, but I have a feeling she is going to keep it! The blue one I made for her yesterday :-)

      Delete
  2. What a good little helper Madeline is, and unlike my boys, she probably knows better than to raise the mixer while the beaters are still spinning ;-)
    Steve

    ReplyDelete

Hi, thank you for leaving a comment, we love to hear from you.